Thursday, October 09, 2008

The world of change and pace

I wanted to write just a few lines because we have been on such a fast track the last 3 weeks. Kay's aunt Ella Mae has been sick and in the hospital and Kaye went to Gastonia to stay with her for two weeks. During one of those weeks I had meetings in Cornelius and Atlanta followed up by a trip to Boston this weekend for the Golden Corral Convention. We had such a wonderful time in Boston. Granted we were in a hotel most of the time but the folks at Golden Corral put on a convention that is nothing short of phenominal. The meals they scheduled were incredibly prepared and planned and the activities they had were awesome.

October 13 at 11:00 am is my Scan. We see the doctor for the results at 1:00. I am feeling great and I just have to believe that God has created a miracle in me. I had a conversation with two friends at the show this weekend. First, Rhetta Pointer who works for SEFS has had a run in with cancer and she told me she had her thyroid removed and that she has some cancer in her Lymph nodes. She is scheduled for more chemotherapy next year. Please keep Rhetta in your prayers. Secondly, Doug Pearce told me that our mutual friend Barry Christian is very low at this time with cancer of the pancreas, stomach and liver. Barry has always been kind to me and quick with a witty story. I pray God's peace and healing be with him.

At this time I would ask that you remember Kaye's aunt Ella Mae that she would be strengthened. She has been ill for a long time. I want to also ask you to remember Reg Garner who is recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer. Reg is a very viberate person who loves T.W. Garner Company and has such passion for the food business. Reg I hope to see back at work very soon

I am home for the next couple of weeks....whew....needless to say we will be on pins and needles about Monday. I will let you know how it goes just as soon as I get the good news and get back to my computer.

The pace of life has us in such a furious progression that we sometimes fail to stop and see that life unfolds for us all no matter who we are and what we do. God directs our paths and we have to deal with what is give to us both in finances and health. Without health you have nothing and I am so thankful that I have survived these last three years.

Many people come up to me and ask how I am doing. Many say I have been through so much and yet I don't look at it that way. God has directed my every step. God has granted me days, weeks, months and hopefully years to be around to enjoy life and family.

I hope you all take time to handle the pace of your life to where you can enjoy what God has given you

God Bless you all
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home