Monday, September 15, 2008

update for September 15th

Oh my, I am getting slack in keeping everyone aware of what all is going on. Our lives have been so busy since my last post. The biggest highlight for me and the family was our trip to South Carolina and a stay with our family and attending the game that NC State had with the University of South Carolina. It was our first trip to Williams Brice Stadium and we were not disappointed. What an atmosphere! It was a really hot muggy night but we sat in the NC State section and even though it was a losing cause, the pack faithful kept cheering until the end was inevitable. We had a wonderful time staying with and visiting Kaye's family in Columbia. They were such gracious hosts and welcomed us with open arms and food!

We stayed through the weekend. Matt had to get back to Greenville but Ryan stayed with us and rode back with us. Matt attended the ECU vs Virginia Tech game in Charlotte that weekend and came away with an exciting win!

Kaye and I have been traveling a good bit because I have been feeling really good of late. I still have to pace myself and rest when I have worn myself out. Save this date October 13. That is when I go for my first scan since the gamma knife treatment. I ask you to continue to pray for me that God will strengthen us as we go for this test and get the results. It never fails to make us nervous as we get near that time for a scan.

Kaye and I spent the entire week in South Carolina last week. I was down there on business the entire week. The lord kept us safe and gave me strength to endure the whole week. God is a gracious God and gives us the desires of our heart. The desire of my heart was to hold up all week.

People who need prayer are my sister Beth who had another stint put in a few weeks ago, Ann Holcombe who is recovering from surgery. Reg Garner who is recovering from Surgery. Stan Neighbors who is doing great after his surgery. The neighbor of one of my collegues in the business who went through a bone marrow transplant recently. And please remember Kaye because she has had an ear ache for so long and nothing seems to help. It give her fits. Her birthday is coming up the 26th of September so I have got to plan a special something for her because she is so wonderful to me.

Kaye and I got to attend Church yesterday and it was a wonderful service, should we have expected anything less? I think not. The pastor spoke on faith with works is like a vapor. He was right we need to show our faith but do something for our fellow person with any/all our talents or our faith is but a vapor. It really got me to thinking.....

God Bless you all
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home