Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wednesday May 28th Surgery Day

This coming Wednesday, we go into surgery and remove that pesky lymph node that is just above my stomach. Needless to say, I hope this is the only time I have to have my insides looked at and some taken out. We believe and have been told that the node is encapsulating some Reid Steinburg cells so pray extra hard that node stays intack until they remove it and then we will be on smooth ground.......at least until the next pet scan which will be in about 2 months.

I had a Pulminary Function test on Thursday as well as an EKG and bloodwork. The PFT came out very good. The doctor said that I had some small passage ways that needed to be treated with an inhaler so they prescribed Advair for me. I do the inhaler thing once in the am and once in the pm. It seems to help. My EKG was fine.

Kaye, my beautiful bride vows to stay with me night and day at the hospital. Such devotion. I cannot fathom her dedication to me but I rest quietly at night beside her knowing she is always there for me. She battles her own aliments and that is a double edge sword when taking care of me but she protects me from over doing it.......most of us guys used to consider that nagging but I see now it is a protective mechanism of the wife. What a great lesson I have learned.

Matt is in summer school and Ryan is home for the summer. Ryan is so good to cut the grass every week and Matt is good to call home and check on us. Matt will be a senior next year can you believe that. He still has a 3.1 grade point average and this summer part of his school is at Pitt Memorial hospital doing patient visits.......A real Gray's Anatomy going here but without the drama and sex. The way a real hospital is done. I used to watch Gray's but too much drama and too much sex for me. Oh well did not mean to editorialize.

We had a family reunion of Kaye's family this weekend but missed it because of my surgery this week. Kaye was so looking forward to that.

I will post you again before I do the surgery thing

Pray for me!

God Bless
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home