Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My dad is gone

Since my last post, I lost my dad. He drifted away from us at 10:45 PM on Sunday night. We received friends at the church where his service was. We play music from his favorie CD and we had a simple ceremony which is what my dad wanted.

His last two weeks were forgettable. He had reached through so much pain and discomfort only to find more pain. We had already said our goodbyes and he knew how much we loved him and we knew how much he loved us. The void will not soon be filled as we remember what a special man he was.

Mom is doing great. She has a remarkable determination to continue on and work through every obstacle. Mom and Dad had already made all their arrangements and let me say that is what everyone should do. Morbid as it may sound you will never regret it. Leaving your arrangements behind for your loved ones is almost too much to bear.

As we walked away from the cemetary that blustery Wednesday, I felt a tinge of relief that my dad went out of this world with Jesus in his heart. He left for a place of rest and no pain. Funny how he and I shared some of the same pain over the last couple of years. I know I will see him again and I find comfort in that. I find comfort in the fact that he has gone ahead of us and will await our arrival some day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
The Tyndalls

February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home