Saturday, November 24, 2007

playing catch up

I know it has been a week or two since I posted by news about my second clear PET Scan. We have had a whirlwind of activity going on with the scan and with my decreasing of my prednesone (boy am I glad) and with my "first birthday" celebration. Kaye did a wonder job of inviting all my friends and close to 80 people came over to help me celebrate. I am so grateful for everyone's prayers and for the Goodness of God and for his guidance. We had a great time. lots of people came and lots of people who have prayed for me showed their support for me and my family. It really is a small world when you get down to it because we are all connected in some way to each other if not by birth, by friendships, by our faith, by our social lives or where we live. I hope to post some pictures of our celebration on my blog very soon.

Matt and Ryan are home for the holidays. We celebrated Thanksgiving together here at the house just the 4 of us. It was a special time because this time last year I was in a hospital room and my brother in law Doug brought us dinner from Boston Market. What a difference a year makes.

We have all changed in the last year. Not just me and my life but all of us. When you reach your 50's you beging to mark time by events and not years. Not that I am tired of counting years but if you count years you have a tendency to look ahead to future years and I just don't do that anymore. I enjoy each day.

Again I appreciate everyone who whispers a prayer for me each day and I thank you for that!

God Bless you all
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home