Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yes it truly is the season to celebrate

I am trying my best to keep you all updated. Time seems to fly by me before I can get everything caught up but here goes.
Last week Matt and Ryan came home for the holidays. I did not know just how much we missed having them here until a few days ago. I had gone to bed but I could hear them laughing and having lighthearted banter going on with Kaye. She loves to cut up with them and it makes her so happy to have them around. We had almost gotten used to just me and her and the boys coming home just made the holiday experience and home life lighen up. To top that off several of their friends came over and all of the sudden the kitchen was flooded with hungry college students fixing everything from grilled cheese sandwiches to microwave grits. Ryan chose his favorite of mashed potatoes with japanese yum yum sauce poured over them..........ugghhh.

Matt had his wisdom teeth removed yesterday and it was a tough go for one of them. Kaye did a wonderful job of nursing him and I know he has been hurting but he has not complained. Matt is not one to complain even in the face of pain.

Ryan shocked us last week by coming home and asking could he get a tatoo! Kaye and I were in shock. He had been telling us there was something he wanted to discuss with us and our minds were wild with speculation. We thought he was going to tell us he was flunking out of college or that he wanted to transfer or that he wanted to get married or that he wanted to move out to an apartment (this last one on the heels of his losing his wallet) But to our suprise he wanted a tatoo of a 4 leaf clover to celebrate his Irish heritage. Kaye and I thanked him for asking us even though he could have gone and had it done without our consent since he is 18. On Friday of last week the entire family met at the tatoo parlour and sure enough Ryan had it done. We asked him to just settle for one for the time being and he agreed. You just never know do you?

Both young men are so grounded and yet are different Matt the arch conservative with the soft heart and feelings and Ryan the out there live for now and see where it takes us type. Matt is now entering his Junior Spring semester and Ryan is ending his first semester. My how time flies.

Oh forgot to update you on ME. My doctors appointment last week went well. I don't have to go back to see him for a follow up until January 21st and I don't have another C Scan until March! Praise God. I am having to take a thyroid pill each day but I was told radiation would probably cause that to happen and they were right.

We will be home for the holidays. Matt has a sore jaw, Kaye is content to stay at home and Ryan is just happy being Ryan. Gosh I love this life!

Please continue to pray for me and my dad as well as Rhonda Woodlief and many of the other people who are ailing this holiday season. As always God bless you all no matter where you are and no matter what your circumstances are. We have family that is incarcerated, we have family who have broken families, and some are battling addictions so like all families we desire the prayer and intervention of God in their lives and the lives of our friends.

Tim

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

TIM, I just wanted to wish you, Kaye ,Matthew and Ryan a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday season. I am excited to have found your site again to be able to keep up with your progress and want you to know that you are always in my prayers. We received a Christmas card for your family this week and it warmed my heart to see you all looking so happy! Even with everything your family has gone through you are always thinking others and that is what makes you such a special family.
Take care and God bless you all.

Kathy Whitt and family

December 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home