Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy Holidays to you and yours

I just wanted to enter a pre-holiday "hello" to everyone who pops onto my blog. If you saw the pictures from the birthday celebration then you know we had a wonderful time with a lot of wonderful friends. I wish I could have posted more pictures.

I went this weekend to see my Dad and spend some time with him. He is making the best of the situation with his health and I almost believe that if he did not have to wait so long on each appointment with the doctors, he would be a lot better. Doctors are great but man they are swamped with patients and really make you wait when you go to see them.

I did want to tell you a couple of things about our stay this weekend. First off we got a room that had a broken toilet so we ended up having to go to the room across the hall when we wanted to use the bathroom. You might think that why did we just not move to another room. Well when we travel we take lots of stuff, pillows, a heating blanket, oxygen for me, drinks like 2 liter sundrops, and so to move all that stuff is a pain and hassle so we put up with the going back and forth across the hall. To top all that off, someone stole our car tag on Saturday night and we had to file a police report. That is the first time something like that has happened to us.

Another observation that I had was just how much the eyes show you a person's inner self. As I talked with my dad, I looked closely into his eyes and I had never noticed how blue my dad's eyes were until I really stared into them. I saw for the fist time just how proud he was of me and my family. I always know he was proud because he is forever telling me but I really did not know the depth of just how proud he was until I looked closely into those blue eyes. In my dad's eyes I saw the depth of his love for his family. I saw the depth of his commitment to us over the years and how he worked so hard to feed, cloth, and put us through school. I saw and heard him say just how great my mom was at being a care giver and I have told you before just how great a care giver Kaye is and now he too understands that a great caregiver is a blessing and wonderful gift from God. I saw his eagerness to get well and to put this behind him. I told him I have been going at this for 2 years and I finally see the light and feel the health that I once thought was gone forever. God continues to build my strenght every day......mind you it is baby steps but God has a plan and only when we are patient do we see the plan unfold. You can't force God into a hurry up situation. God does not do a two minute drill.

I go to my Oncologist on Monday for a check up. Please continue to pray for me and my family. Kaye has cronic ear aches and inflammed tendons in her wrist and is in a lot of pain.

Happy Holidays to you and God Bless you

Tim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family. We will keep both you and Kay in our prayers. I know how it is to have both of her problems, and they will drive you nuts!.
Take care.
Love
The Tyndalls

December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home