Monday, August 20, 2007

Update from August 2

Oh my,

I cannot believe I have not kept you informed since August 2. My apologies for the tardiness.

I finished my final radiation treatement on August 9. We had scheduled a follow up visit for August 28th. Since that time I have developed a real shortness of breath and some really strong fatigue. Kaye suggested I call the doctor and they recommended I come in for blood work and a chest x ray which I did last Thursday. The blood work came back good and we have not heard anything on the chest x ray so I figure no news is a good thing.

The weather and the fact that I have been pushing myself a lot of late probably is not helping the situation. I have got to remember my system and body has endured a lot and only by your prayers in my behalf have I made it.

Kaye and I did go get to visit my parents two weekends ago and we had a blast! We were fortunate to get a room with a jaccuzi and my dad asked to come and relax in it to ease his back pain! We had a great time! I am going to post pictures on my blog this week so you can see what a good time we had.

We are from Gastonia NC and while we were there Kaye and I were able to dine on some of our favorite foods which are Tony's Ice Cream Milkshakes, the finest in NC, RO's BBQ Slaw a real treat, and Shrimp Boat Chicken which has not equal I have ever tried. It was great I had to have a Tony's Butter Pecan Milkshake every night we were there! I even had a Livermush sandwich which is one of my favorites sandwiches from Tony's.

Oh well enough about me. Last week we moved Ryan into his room at NC State and he is ready to get college underway. Matt is in his apartment and loving it and Kaye and I are planning trips in September to her folks place at the mountains and the beach and hopefully to Pennsylvania to see the Furmanos plant. Coupled with that travel will be FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure have missed it!

I continue to thank God for his loving kindness. I tell everyone that I come in contact with that prayer does change things and God is a great God. Please continue to remember me, my family, my dad and my friends in your prayers. We even have someone at the Vatican who remembers us in prayer.......Father Charles......

Well it is off for Chinese Buffet tonight.........been craving it all day!

God Bless you All

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home